Attorney Nicholas J. Schneider
Areas of Practice:
- Business Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Massachusetts, 2013
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2018
- Georgetown University Law Center
Juris Doctorate, 2013
- Northeastern University
Honors: Cum Laude
Nicholas J. Schneider
Nicholas is a complex business and intellectual property litigator, representing clients of all sizes – from individuals to Fortune 500 Companies – throughout the country in state and federal trial and appellate courts, arbitrations, and mediations. He focuses his practice on helping companies keep their competitive advantages in the marketplace by protecting their proprietary information and innovations, both inside and outside the courtroom.
Inside the courtroom, Nicholas litigates matters involving breach of contract, employee mobility, misappropriation of trade secrets, copyright infringement, trademark disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, and unfair competition. He handles these often high-stakes matters through all stages of litigation, from seeking emergency injunctive relief to trial and beyond.
Outside the courtroom, Nicholas counsels clients with creative and strategic solutions to help safeguard their proprietary and confidential information. In doing so, he helps companies design and implement practical and effective risk-management policies, procedures, programs, and training for employee onboarding and departure and for the protection of trade secrets. Nicholas’ experience includes drafting and reviewing restrictive covenant agreements and provisions such as noncompetes, nondisclosures, noraids, and nonsolicitations.
While at Georgetown Law, Nicholas was an Annual Review Articles Editor for the Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law and a nationally award-winning Barrister’s Council’s Moot Court team member. Nicholas also gained significant legal experience as a law clerk in the Senior Trial Unit of the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office and as a Student Attorney for D.C. Law Students in Court, a nonprofit organization that represents tenants in D.C. Landlord and Tenant Court.
- Obtained favorable results for an industry-leading, national materials manufacturer, securing a court order upholding the manufacturer’s claims of misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition against its largest competitor
- Procured injunctive relief for a well-established, regional products distributor, successfully enforcing noncompete and nondisclosure agreements and enjoining several former manager-level employees from joining its competitor
- Helped successfully represent a national finished-goods supplier on claims against its former executive for misappropriation of trade secrets, conversion, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Assisted in obtaining a favorable settlement for a regional construction and landscaping company, helping it to retrieve and protect its copyright and trademark intellectual property against a national web-design and digital marketing company through litigation in Massachusetts and New Hampshire courts with claims of copyright infringement and breach of contract
- Obtained injunctive and protective relief for a global media and entertainment company, successfully preventing its competitors from disseminating and using its confidential and proprietary business information and trade secrets
- Assisted in obtaining the dismissal of a complaint filed against a national live entertainment production company, successfully enforcing a dissolution agreement governing the post-divorce distribution and use of intellectual property and trade secrets
- Jocelyn J. Campbell
- Jonathon D. Friedmann
- George Georgountzos
- Ashley M. Green
- Michael S. Kalis
- William A. Korman