Boat and Yacht Transactions
Speak with an experienced Massachusetts boat and yacht transaction lawyer at Rudolph Friedmann LLP. Contact Boston attorney Jim Rudolph at 617.723.7700 to schedule an initial, free consultation or contact us online for legal representation involving boat and maritime issues.
Owning a boat can be a complicated and daunting experience. Rudolph Friedmann can assist with every aspect of your new or used boat purchase or sale. From helping clients obtain financing to handling claims that arise under manufacturer warranties and insurance claims, Rudolph Friedmann has extensive experience in Massachusetts boat and yacht transactions. Rudolph Friedmann can protect your boat ownership interests and help you resolve maritime-related issues.
A lifelong owner of both sailboats and power boats, Jim has represented numerous individuals with their boat purchases and sales and boat ownership issues. His clients also include yacht brokers and dealers, marinas and developers. Jim is counsel to Cape Yachts, which sells boats made by Beneteau, Cobia, Jupiter and Monte Carlo.
The firm’s experience includes:
- Boat and yacht transactions, including purchase and sale
- Boat and yacht financing
- Drafting boat and yacht ownership agreements
- Dealer and manufacturer warranties, repair issues and boat defects
- Drafting maritime insurance claims, including property damage, personal injury and wrongful death
- Drafting employment contracts for yacht crew members
- Leasing agreements, yacht broker contracts and commission disputes
- Representation for permitting and regulatory issues for marinas and developers