Attorney Robert P. Rudolph
Areas of Practice:
- Boston Business Litigation
- Boston Business Transactions
- Boston Real Estate Law
- Boston Employment Law
- Massachusetts, 2012
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2013
- Boston College Law School
Juris Doctorate, 2012
Honors: Cum Laude
- Colby College
B.A. Economics, 2009
Honors: Cum Laude
- The Governor’s Academy
Robert P. Rudolph
Bobby practices in the firm’s litigation department. He primarily focuses on business, real estate and employment litigation. In addition, he counsels small and large businesses on employment matters, helping clients avoid issues before they arise.
While in law school, Bobby worked for the business litigation and real estate groups at a well-known Boston law firm. He also worked for the Essex County District Attorney’s Office where he was assigned to Lynn District Court.
Bobby graduated cum laude from Boston College Law School, cum laude and with distinction in economics from Colby College and from The Governor’s Academy where he was the recipient of the Headmaster’s Cup. During his first year of law school, he received awards for outstanding performance in both oral advocacy and legal writing. Bobby spent semesters studying abroad at the University of Salamanca in Salamanca, Spain and the University of Melbourne in Melbourne, Australia.
- Member of trial team that obtained defense verdict for a group of national restaurants on all counts of wrongful termination and discrimination claims after four-day jury trial in Suffolk Superior Court.
- Assisted in the successful defense of contempt action brought by the Office of the Attorney General against three corporate entities and their principal after a nine-day bench trial in Suffolk Superior Court.
- Assisted in the judicial appeal of the City of Boston Zoning Board of Appeal’s denial of a conditional use permit for a real estate development, obtaining a court order overruling the ZBA’s decision and ordering the conditional use permit and building permit for the project to be issued forthwith with no conditions.
- Participated in a full investigation, drafted responsive pleadings and obtained dismissal of a complaint filed with the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration claiming use of retaliatory employment practices in violation of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Whistleblower Provisions.
- Participated in multiple highly contested shareholder disputes, involving tens of millions of dollars, often representing shareholders frozen out of closely held businesses.
- Drafted responsive pleadings and appeared at investigative conferences successfully defending complaints filed with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
- Handled all discovery and assisted in the settlement of a lawsuit between the developers of a condominium building and an abutter to the developed property.
- Successfully represented a large national bank in opposition to an emergency motion for temporary restraining order filed in the eleventh-hour as an attempt to prevent foreclosure of a commercial property.
- When Children Become Adults: 3 Essential Legal Documents
- Landowner Liable When Guest Walks into Area Marked “Employees Only”
- Court Denies Former CEO Access to Privileged Communications
- New Case Establishes Liability for Boston Restaurant Owners with Multiple Locations
- Constructive Knowledge of Overtime Work Sufficient for Wage Act Liability
- Massachusetts Finalizes Earned Sick Time Regulations
- Massachusetts Becomes Fourth State to Enact Domestic Worker’s Bill of Rights
- Tip Pooling: Know the Law in Massachusetts
- No Signed Lease, Yet Broker’s Fee Must Be Paid
- Rising Star, Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2014 – 2016
- Krupp Leadership Award (awarded by the Anti-Defamation League), 2015
- Anti-Defamation League
Co-Chair, Associate Board, 2015 – Present
Associate Board Member, 2013 – Present
Glass Leadership Institute, 2013
- Board of Trustees of a 375-unit Condominium Building
Chair, 2016 – Present
Vice-Chair, 2015 – 2016
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Massachusetts
Young Leaders Council, 2013 – Present
- The Governor’s Academy
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member