Attorney Robert P. Rudolph
Areas of Practice:
- Boston Business Litigation
- Boston Business Transactions
- Boston Real Estate Law
- Boston Employment Law
- Massachusetts, 2012
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2013
- Boston College Law School
Juris Doctorate, 2012
Honors: Cum Laude
- Colby College
B.A. Economics, 2009
Honors: Cum Laude
- The Governor’s Academy
Robert P. Rudolph
Bobby represents clients in all aspects of litigation with a special focus in the areas of business, employment and real estate. He routinely deals with complex commercial litigation and contentious business disputes. He regularly appears in court and has helped clients obtain favorable decisions in a variety of complicated business matters.
Bobby has a broad employment law practice with a significant emphasis on wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, Wage Act violations, whistleblower complaints, independent contractor misclassifications and non-compete and non-solicitation issues. In addition, he works with employers to develop and implement employee handbooks, policies and procedures.
On real estate matters, Bobby works with property owners and developers on a variety of issues, including zoning relief and disputes with abutters. He also represents clients involved in construction disputes, condominium disagreements and landlord/tenant issues. Bobby serves as Chair of the Board of Trustees of a large Boston high-rise undergoing a multi-million dollar repair and renovation project. He has experience dealing with condominium bylaws, special assessments and capital projects.
While in law school, Bobby worked for the litigation and real estate groups at a well-known Boston law firm and for the Essex County District Attorney’s Office.
- Helped obtain a defense verdict for a group of national restaurants on all counts of wrongful termination and discrimination claims after a four-day jury trial in Suffolk Superior Court.
- Obtained a $4 million judgment in a wrongful death action involving the death of an infant due to injuries allegedly inflicted by her nanny.
- Assisted in the successful defense of contempt action brought by the Office of the Attorney General against three corporate entities and their principal after a nine-day bench trial in Suffolk Superior Court.
- Helped successfully defend claims against a professional services firm after an eight-day jury trial in the Business Litigation Session of Suffolk Superior Court.
- Assisted in the judicial appeal of the City of Boston Zoning Board of Appeal’s buy levitra 10mg denial of a conditional use permit for a real estate development and obtained a court order overruling the ZBA’s decision and ordering the conditional use permit and building permit for the project to be issued immediately with no conditions.
- Obtained a dismissal of a complaint filed with the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration claiming use of retaliatory employment practices in violation of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Whistleblower Provisions.
- Successfully represented clients in several highly contested shareholder disputes involving tens of millions of dollars; claims included breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and corporate freeze-outs.
- Obtained favorable results in matters filed with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Helped obtain the settlement of a lawsuit between the developers of a condominium building and an abutter to the developed property.
- Successfully represented a large national bank in opposition to an emergency motion for a temporary restraining order filed in the eleventh-hour as an attempt to prevent foreclosure of a commercial property.
- Obtained a court order on behalf of a prominent retail business ordering that a competing business promptly change its name and permanently cease and desist from using certain terms in its new name and promotional materials.
- Franchisor Not Liable for Alleged Tips Act Violation by Franchisee
- Land Court Rules No Binding Agreement Where Broker Lacks Authority to Bind Seller
- When Children Become Adults: 3 Essential Legal Documents
- Landowner Liable When Guest Walks into Area Marked “Employees Only”
- Court Denies Former CEO Access to Privileged Communications
- New Case Establishes Liability for Boston Restaurant Owners with Multiple Locations
- Constructive Knowledge of Overtime Work Sufficient for Wage Act Liability
- Massachusetts Finalizes Earned Sick Time Regulations
- Massachusetts Becomes Fourth State to Enact Domestic Worker’s Bill of Rights
- Tip Pooling: Know the Law in Massachusetts
- No Signed Lease, Yet Broker’s Fee Must Be Paid
- Do This, Not That: Navigating Complex Legal Employment Issues in the Food and Beverage Industry, The Massachusetts Restaurant Association, February 15, 2017
- Rising Star, Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2014 – 2017
- Krupp Leadership Award (awarded by the Anti-Defamation League), 2015
- Anti-Defamation League
Co-Chair, Associate Board, 2015 – 2017
Associate Board Member, 2013 – Present
Glass Leadership Institute, 2013
- Board of Trustees of a 374-unit Condominium Building
Chair, 2016 – Present
Vice-Chair, 2015 – 2016
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Massachusetts
Young Leaders Council, 2013 – Present
- The Governor’s Academy
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member