Robert Rudolph and Adam Shafran present “Do This, Not That: Navigating Complex Legal Employment Issues in the Construction Industry” on Wednesday, November 8 at 7:30 am at the Gould Construction Institute. The program will be held at 100 Unicorn Park Drive in Woburn, MA. Register for the event here.
When it comes to employment issues, knowing what to do and when to do it can be difficult — and missteps can result in costly litigation. This informative and engaging session highlights the latest legal developments and some of the most challenging problems facing the construction industry. From discrimination, harassment and wrongful discharge allegations to Wage Act violations and National Labor Relations Act issues, Robert and Adam will discuss the approaches and tactics that can be used to avoid employment claims and mitigate the matters buy levitra online that do arise.
- Key elements of the Massachusetts Wage Act, including how to defend claims and the strict liability and potential for treble damages it can impose on employers and their corporate officers
- Key provisions of the Massachusetts Prevailing Law
- Recent developments concerning employee handbook rules and decisions by the National Labor Relations Board penalizing employers for well-intentioned rules that inhibit employees from engaging in activities protected by the NLRA
- Best practices for responding to and successfully defending allegations of wrongful termination, discrimination and harassment
- How to determine who qualifies as an independent contractor under Massachusetts law in order to avoid costly misclassification issues and class action law suits
- Limiting exposure for owners of multiple businesses under the single integrated employer theory